Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Relaxed hair gone wrong?

I'm worried about my hair, I know relaxing hair damages it, but does it also decolor the hair? My hair color is black, this is the second time I've relaxed my hair, I liked the results the first time, and i properly conditioned and moisturized my hair, so it didnt become dry, therefore naturally I went back after 2 months, but now I'm thinking it was a big mistake. My hair seems darker, ie jet black...but when you look at my hair in the light from an angle, you can clearly see brown hair, not just a few, but a lot of it....is it going to keep losing color and turn white? Is the new growth going to be black or brown? Should I just let my hair grow out and slowly cut every once in a while til the brownness is gone and my hair is full of "new growth" hair?



Relaxed hair gone wrong?

Hair Relaxers do strip the color from your hair. I have never heard of making the hair darker though. Your new growth is going to your natural color. My suggestion is to of course let a professional relax your hair and get touch-ups every three months. The chemicals are likely stripping your color and you may need to dye your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment