Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hair Horror?

I went to a new salon 10 weeks ago and a young stylist highlighted my hair in big chunks with also low lights. The foil process was strange. She went vertical all the way across. The process took 2 hrs just to bleach. SHE WAS SO SLOW! When she rinsed out the bleach and wash my hair I noticed alot of hair coming out and my scalp was burning!! Ever since then my hair has thinned out dramatically.:-( IHave been taking biotin to help grow my hair faster. My question is, will my hair ever grow back to my natural thickness again? And what can i do to make it get thick again?will it ever be the same?I also noticed by my hair line a patch of hair that is only 2 inces long. My hair is half way down my back.



Hair Horror?

You poor thing!



Sounds like she left the bleach on too long in spots. Since you have 2 inches of hair still coming out of your scalp, you will definitely have that you hair grow back.



Take a prenatal vitamin, and use a shampoo for dry hair to prevent more breakage.



We've all had at least one hair nightmare in our lives, I have had 3. Once my hair was falling out too...it scared me but it grew back.



Hair Horror?

See a doctor and a lawyer.



The doctor can treat you and the lawyer can make you whole again AND get the salon to pay your medical bills, especially if it is a big salon and you have before and after pictures.



In any case the salon should have insurance to cover this type if thing, you should not suffer from their misdeeds and ineptitude.



Hair Horror?

Unless the chemical burn was significant enough to cause scarring, your hair will grow back again and again as thick as it is genetically predetermined to do.



Think in terms of depilatory creams (ie Nair) that are designed to dissolve hair. The hair always grows back the same as before.



Hair Horror?

sue



Hair Horror?

Go to another salon, and get treatments for the damage done. Also, make sure you take pictures before, during and after. Take it to small claims court, and ask for the cost of the original treatment, and all the treatments needed to get your hair back to the way it was. Be sure to have very good pictures with you as evidence.. also, take along the new hair stylist with you as witness.



This went beyond negligence.



They will ask you why you hadn't spoken up soon with the first hair stylist, and why you hadn't done something sooner, to help improve your hair/scalp.. be prepared to answer a lot of questions, and to prove your side of this!



Please, something can be done.. so don't give up. Would you go back to them to fix the situation.. Personally, I wouldn't..



Hair Horror?

You know what? the same thing happened to me a couple months ago at the Hair Cuttery. She put so many things in my hair when she highlighted it that my scalp got very tight and it was burning like all hell. After that my hair started falling out!!! What I did was buy a scalp treatment called Doo Gro. These line of products is especially made for thinning hair. My hair stopped falling out after a week or two. After my hair stopped falling out I went to a different salon and cut alot of my hair off the ends. Now my hair does not fall out at all. I'm feelin your pain. Good Luck.



Hair Horror?

I am so sorry this happened. She sounds like a very inept stylist. The hair thinning is probably due to breakage at the scalp due to over-processing, and should grow back. The same applies to the short pieces you are noticing. You should check your scalp to make sure there are no open sores from the bleach, and make sure there is no infection if there are. As long as they aren't an angry red and very sore there is no need to see your doctor. If they are or you're not sure do go however. The Biotin is good, also take a good multivitamin to make sure your hair is getting all the help you can give it. Other than that, just be gentle with it and wait for it to grow back. When it is long enough you can have your hair layered to blend the shorter pieces with the long and make the damage less noticeable.



Hair Horror?

that lady really messed up on you! you need to get a lawyer and FAST! because if she burned your scalp and she damagedyour hair, you should file a lawsuit! but thats just me.



Hair Horror?

It's awful when an inexperienced stylist doesn't ask for help and a salon owner or manager is not watching what is going on in their salon! First thing, take pictures. Have someone do it for you and make sure you section the hair off and get pictures throughout your whole head. Then you must go immediately to the salon owner and SHOW them what happened. Hanging in the salon in clear sight should be a notice from the state Board of Cosmetology. Write down the number and contact them right away. Document everything; conversations, receipts, etc. You are going to have 5 years of this before your hair is back to it's original condition. With that in mind, you have the choice of suing, but you may be able to work it out with the salon owner. You have chemical burns which can be treated with Neosporin. There is very little chance of you being scarred, but it will take a week or two to heal and it will get flaky and peel, I say this because you may think it's dandruff- it's not. Your hair will grow back but you can expect a lot more breakage over the next few months and will probably have to cut your hair shorter to make it look decent. Biotin, additional vitamins, and conditioning treatments are the best thing you can do for your hair. As a professional, I hate to see this happen to anyone, but I think it's very important that those responsible are held responsible so it doesn't happen again. Unfortunately, that means not only do you have to deal with your problem with your hair, but you have the added work of dealing with the people responsible.



Hair Horror?

you might be able to call the state board of cosmotology on her.



She sounds like she does'nt know what shes doing



(775) 688-1442 I think it the number

No comments:

Post a Comment